Art project ideas
Try some of these simple art project ideas. They can be completed in many different ways, including drawing, photography, writing, or just using your imagination! Get creative and see where they take you!
- Make up a character, or think of an existing character, and cosplay them with clothes from your wardrobe.
- Invent an animal. What does it look like, what does it eat, where does it live?
- Make a recipe based on food you have in your kitchen. On what occasion would you serve it?
- Invent a new holiday. When is it, what does it observe, how do you celebrate it?
- Make a sculpture out of any material you have to hand, e.g., paper, recycling, fabric, tinfoil.
- Use a nearby object as a musical instrument.
- Turn a doorway into a portal. Where does it go? Does it look different on the other side?
- Photograph your home as if you are an estate agent. How would you describe your home?
- On a map, choose a street or building you've never been to and imagine what it might look like. Draw it if you'd like. If you can, go there and see how accurate you were.
- From a window of your choice, choose a window of another building. Think of all the ways you could send a message from your window to theirs.
- Find objects shaped like each letter of the alphabet around your house.
- From a book of your choice, take the first word on 20 (or 50, 100, etc.) random pages and arrange them into a poem.
- Use objects you have to hand to tell your (or someone else's) fortune.
- Invent a new piece of punctuation. What does it look like and when would you use it?
- If you were a boxer, to which song would you walk into the ring? What songs would you pick for other occupations?
Back to art